Effective May 25, 2018 Reviewed September 2018
2. About Us
The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd ", “we”, “us”, “our” means The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd of 15 Halifax Way, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 2QH, United Kingdom. We are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office, UK) under the registration number ZA417749
3. Definitions and interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on the website;
- "Data" means collectively all information that you submit to The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd. This includes information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Personal Data” means data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession).
- "Service" means collectively any services or information that The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd makes available through the Web Site or directly with you either now or in the future;
- "System" means any online communications infrastructure that The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email and email links;
- "User" / "Users" means any third party that accesses the Web Site and uses our services and is not employed by The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and
- "Web Site" means www.thetrustbridge.co.uk.
4. What we collect and why
We may collect the following personal data from you when you use our website, attend events, contact us using email, sign up to or purchase a service from us as a client, or provide services to us.
- your name
- address home and work
- contact email addresses
- contact telephone numbers (work and mobile)
- company name and address
- the IP address you use to log in
- enquiries you have made
5. What we do with the information we collect
- We require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to our enquiries
- Allow you access to the TTB and TBG websites and services
- To fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and TTB / TBG and for their general management
- To organise and deliver TTB events and training course and fulfil any specific needs you may have
- Process payments from and to you
- Maintain TTB records
- Provide you with news, evenings and update
- Invite you to provide feedback on our products and services
- Invite you to take part in research campaigns
- to notify you of any changes in our services
- Monitor how you respond to our communication
- To allow us to monitor usage statistics as a basis for future improvements ti relevant website processes
- To monitor and improve our products and services
- To meet security / health and safety requirement where you attend events or training courses
- To verify your identity
- To enable us to track systems use by user
- Internal record keeping
- To periodically conduct quality check on the data we hold
6. Our lawful bases for processing your information
We will only use your personal information where one of the following applies:
- You have given us your consent such as to send you marketing communication to information about 3rd parties which we fell you may find interesting. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking unsubscribe on the link allocated at the bottom of the emails you receive from us. Please be advised changes to your preferences may take up to 10 to fully action
- It is necessary for performing a contract that we have with you, such a fulfilment of a service for which you have signed up
- For our own (or third party’s) legitimatize interests provided your rights do not overrise these interests such as
- Fraud prevention
- Sending appropriate and tailored communication to you
- Monitoring and improving our products and services
- Enhancing the learning experience (for example tailoring our events/ training courses to the audiences attending or sharing information
- relevant to your attendance at an event we organise
- Enhancing the networking opportunities that we offer
- Managing the data, we hold
- We need to comply with a legal obligation
Your personal information will only be used for the purpose or purposes it was collected. It will not be sold, shared or distribute to third parties unless we have your permission or where it is necessary for one for the reasons listed above.
7. Your rights in controlling your personal information
We will not share or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, it falls within The Trust Bridge/ The Bridge Group Ltd.'s legitimate interests or we are required by law to do so. We only use your personal information for our own uses or for companies we work with. We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You can ask us to make changes in how your data is handled and we will respond promptly should a request be made.
You have the following rights over the personal data about you that we are holding and processing:
Right to be informed. This Policy provides you with information in relation to how your data is processed. This ensures that we are transparent about what we will do with the information you supply to us.
Right of access. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation. This is called a Subject Access Request.
Right to request information held is accurate and how to update it. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete information about you and stop processing or publishing it (often called the Right to be Forgotten).
Right to object to the processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress. Where you challenge the accuracy or lawful processing of your information, we will consider this.
Right to receive an electronic copy of any information you have consented to us holding known as data portability. You can ask us to provide the personal data about you we hold, securely and in a machine-readable format, so it can be moved, copied or transferred to be used across different services or for you to give to another organisation.
Right to object. You can unsubscribe from our mailings and remove your details at any time. If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you will be able to do so by contacting us at email@example.com
8. How long we hold your Information
The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group Ltd meets its obligations in holding the data you provide to us. These include complying with any laws and rules that apply to us and to our service providers. We follow clear guidelines internally to ensure that your data is not held for longer than is necessary. We hold the information that you provide to us while you are an active, client and / or user of our services, and when you register for our services. We may keep certain data to meet our obligations but for no longer than required or permitted by law.
9. Where your Information is stored
Your information is held securely in the UK. Information may be stored and processed in any country in which The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group Ltd operates. If your data is transferred outside the UK for these purposes, then we will take measures to ensure that your data remains protected at all times to the standard imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal data.
10. Keeping your information secure
Data security is of great importance to The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group Ltd. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have taken care to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to safeguard and secure any data collected online. The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group Ltd website is maintained on a secure server. All our suppliers and contractors meet the standards we require. Staff training is undertaken regularly to ensure data quality is maintained.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is completely secure. If you feel that the security of your account or interaction with us have been compromised, please contact us immediately. If such disclosure does occur, we will contact you as soon as possible to explain what has happened and take all steps required of us to meet our obligation under the legislation. For more information, contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Trust Bridge and The Bridge Group Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties to deal with matters including but not limited to:
- Payment handling
- Search engine facilities
- Advertising and marketing
The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of our website
The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group have carried out GDPR due diligence with all our partners to ensure that they are compliant.
A ‘Cookie’ is a small text file that is stored by the browser on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them store things such as personalisation details or user preferences. By providing this "memory" for the website, they enable it to recognise a user and respond appropriately. The Trust Bridge / The Bridge Group Ltd may use ‘Cookies’ to receive and store certain details whenever a user interacts with us. Once you agree by clicking the Accept box on the website, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences such as identifying your computer's previous visits to a website, ascertaining the most popular features of a website or enabling an organisation to present specific information to you.
No information about you is stored in the session cookie and it is deleted automatically as soon as you close the browser window to leave the site. No other forms of cookies are used, nor do we place any code on your computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have processed your personal information, and we cannot resolve it, then you have the right
14. Changes to this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and will update this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please get in touch via and we’ll be happy to help with your query.