QA Managers' Introduction to the Principles of Data Privacy and GDPR
When testing a video game and ensuring compliance, under the new GDPR and Data Protection Acts, the QA team needs to ensure that the players’ personal information (data) is protected within the game. Under GDPR and some countries’ Data Protection Acts of 2018, there are rules we must all follow to protect and regulate the use of that personal data.
There is a greater responsibility on studios and the QA team to ensure protection of the players’ data. You and your organisation could be fined up to 4% of annual global turnover (or €20 million, whichever is greater) if you are not compliant. This course is perfect for familiarising yourself with the rules and ensuring that your software is aligned with these rules.
Who should take this course?
This Introduction to GDPR Principles for QA Managers is designed to give all QA teams an understanding of the new rules which apply to data management and, in particular, data privacy. When testing video games and ensuring compliance, we all need to know what our obligations are and the consequences on the personal data we handle and manage in gaming consoles and video games.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- The Introduction to GDPR Principles is designed to give QA teams an understanding of the new rules which apply to data management and, in particular, data privacy.
- This course examines the rules under GDPR and the types of data that are considered Personal Data and how the different types need to be managed.
- We examine the rights that every individual person has over their own personal data, and what every developer must consider when designing a game.
- You will learn what types of data are considered “personal data” and what any game needs to do to gain consent from your player, especially children.
- When designing a game in this new data privacy era, we need to ensure that you include Privacy Design as early as possible in development (Data Protection by Design) – this course examines what that means and how to undertake a data protection assessment of your game.
- At the end of this course there is a short multiple-choice test.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- The course and attached certificates have been accredited by CEPAS, Bureau Veritas Group
- All courses have been written by our team of multiskilled, data privacy experts whose experience across global sectors for many years provide you with practical advice and interpretation to help you learn.
- Self-paced online learning means you can access the course 24/7 and revisit whenever you like, studying at your own page. Your progress is monitored so you know where you are in the course.
- Well-designed, user-friendly navigation means the course is easy to work through
- Technical support is on hand should you run into difficulties
- Every course ends with a test which gives you the confidence that you have developed your understanding and knowledge, and can put this into practice when testing games
- Restrict Processing
- Automated Decision Making
- Data Subject Rights
- Lawful Basis
- Additional Considerations
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above