Games Marketeers’ Introduction to the Principles of Data Privacy and GDPR
With the introduction of GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act of 2018, and with other countries and states introducing new data privacy laws, marketing to gamers became more complex. This course examines the changes and the rules that we now must abide by when communicating with our players and potential players. It looks at Consent and how best to manage that together with Opt-in options, Legitimate Interest and where that applies, Age verification and parental consent for children.
Who should take this Course?
Any marketing and communication personnel, sales and business development managers, plus, advertising and promotional agencies and personnel, and anyone contemplating a marketing / sales and communications strategy; all will benefit from taking this course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Having examines the individual’s rights, this course reviews the concept of Consent and Opt In for communications. We examine Legitimate Interest and Contract based relationships to help you determine the legal basis for marketing. Learn how to ensure your Privacy Notices and other key policies are in line with regulations.
- Data capture - acquisition and retention, data purchase, data sharing all require a different process under GDPR and this course examines best practice.
- We assess data security and what is required to protect personal data and you and your game’s reputation for transparency in data handling.
- In addition, understand how PECR (the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) sit alongside GDPR giving specific rights to individuals in relation to electronic communications.
- At the end of this course there is a short multiple-choice test.
- By scoring 85% and over you will have deemed to have passed the course and will receive a certificate
- (accredited by CEPAS, Bureau Veritas Group, - we cannot put this in yet and I will get the exact wording)
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
All courses have been written by our team of multiskilled, data privacy experts whose experience across global sectors for many years provide you with practical advice and interpretation to help you learn.
- Self-paced online learning means you can access the course 24/7 and revisit whenever you like, studying at your own page. Your progress is monitored so you know where you are in the course.
- Well-designed navigation means the course is easy to work through
- Technical support is on hand should you run into difficulties
- Every course ends with a test which gives you the confidence that you have developed your understanding and knowledge and can put this into practice
- What is GDPR
- Types of Data Covered
- Rights of Data Subjects
- Legal Bases
- Consent Management
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above