Data Breach and How to Manage It
Has your company taken the right measure to avoid data breaches and mitigate the risk? Is your 3rd party network prepared? If you suffer a breach, do you have the right processes in place to manage it and ensure you take the right remedial action? Under GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act of 2018 there are regulations that protect and regulate the use of an individual’s personal data. This course will look at how to avoid breaches of data privacy and how to minimise the effects.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) was introduced and took effect on 25 May 2018. Article 33 and 34 of the GDPR introduced demanding requirements in response to a personal data breach, whether to report it and if the data subject should be notified.
Key to breach management is understanding what data and what categories of date you hold, how to identify a breach, when it is notifiable and what a notification must contain. This course will examine all these elements.
Who should take this course?
When a breach or possible breach is suspected, the Data Protection / Security officer in any organisation will need to be aware of key steps to take. Risk officers and personnel with responsibility for compliance, information security and data management as well as those responsible for cyber security- all will benefit from this course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Identify a notifiable breach and understand what is required if such a breach occurs, by you and your organisation
- Contain the breach and consider whether to report it and then manage the response. Again, we examine how you should respond
- Understand the factors to consider, how to assess risk and how to mitigate it
- Learn how to deal with breaches, avoid and eradicate them as well as how to recover if a breach occurs
- At the end of this course there is a short multiple-choice test.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- All courses have been written by our team of multiskilled, data privacy experts whose experience across global sectors for many years provide you with practical advice and interpretation to help you learn.
- Self-paced online learning means you can access the course 24/7 and revisit whenever you like, studying at your own page. Your progress is monitored so you know where you are in the course.
- Well-designed navigation means the course is easy to work through
- Technical support is on hand should you run into difficulties
- Every course ends with a test which gives you the confidence that you have developed your understanding and knowledge.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above